Specialised Hire Solutions Ltd Terms & Conditions
“SHS” means SHS Hire which is the trading name of Specialised Hire Solutions Limited a private limited company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 08170718.
The registered address of Specialised Hire Solutions Limited is Unit 6 Buckingham Court, Rectory Lane, Loughton, Essex, England, IG10 2QZ.
“The Customer” means the person, firm or organisation by or on behalf of whom vehicles are rented under these terms and conditions of trading.
By hiring vehicles from Specialised Hire Solutions, The Customer agrees to comply with and be legally bound by these terms and conditions of service (“Terms”).
“Vehicles” means any vehicle or vehicles which are or may be rented from SHS by the Customer.
“Working Hours” means the standard working hours as specified by SHS from time to time and which are available upon request.
“Working Day” means a normal SHS Working Day as specified by SHS from time to time and details of which are available upon request. It is the responsibility of the Customer’s servant or agent when renting a vehicle from SHS to specify that the rental is for business use, which shall then be clearly recorded on the rental agreement. Upon the Customer’s servant or agent taking possession of the Vehicle they and the Customer are deemed to have accepted the type of use stipulated in the agreement. Where the Customer’s servant or agent stipulates that the rental is on Customer’s business, the provisions stated in Clause 3 below shall apply regardless of any dispute as to whether such a rental was in relation to the Customer’s business or authorised by them.
1. (a) Invoices are sent directly from SHS accounts office in R/O Station Way, Buckhurst Hill, Essex. Payment is due in 30 days following the date of invoice. Interest will be charged on a daily basis on accounts not settled by the due date at a rate of 5% above Barclays Bank plc base rate from the time being in force. Charges on all rentals are made subject to audit corrections at final invoice stage. Invoice queries should be raised within 14 days from the date of the invoice. Failure to raise a query within this timescale will result in acceptance of all invoice charges by the customer. (b) For long term hire, it is the customer’s responsibility to specify the length of hire at the start of the hire, they will be charged at the weekly rate for that length of hire. If for any reason the customer wishes to terminate the hire early, the customer will then be liable for the period of hire charged at our published rates. Eg. If a customer hires a vehicle on a 12-week contract and then terminates after 8 weeks, the customer will have to pay for the 8 weeks they have had the vehicle at the weekly published rate.
(Late Payment Charge)
(c) For long term hire it is the customer’s responsibility to pay weekly in advance on the day of the week the hire vehicle was originally hired. (E.g.: if you took your vehicle on a Monday your weekly rental would be due every Monday.) Failure to pay on the due day will incur £10.00 per day for every day your account is in arrears
Insurance (Individual Private Customer)
2. (a) Individual Customer hiring on behalf of only themselves can only rent a vehicle with fully comprehensive Private Hire Insurance, (This can be provided at an extra pre-determined cost) In the event of an accident, the customer must notify SHS immediately. (b)The Customer will use their best endeavours to supply full details on demand of an incident including date, place, time, circumstances, witness information (human or digital based) and any Third Party or Third Party Vehicle involved in any accident with the Vehicle.
(c) If you have an accident in one of our vehicles, NB: Our insurer will pass on a £500.00 late reporting fee for any incident not reported to SHS within 24 hours, this will be deducted against your deposit. A further £500.00 will be required to replace your deposit held on file. SHS are not obliged to offer a replacement vehicle. We do however try to source a replacement Vehicle if means allow.
Insurance (Firm or Organisation)
3. (a) If the Customer is providing their own insurance. The Customer must provide a copy of fully comprehensive insurance covering the vehicle they are hiring.
(b)The Customer will use their best endeavours to supply full details on demand of an incident including date, place, time, circumstances, witness information (human or digital based) and any Third Party or Third Party Vehicle involved in any accident with the Vehicle.
(c) If a vehicle is involved in an incident whilst on hire, and is deemed unsuitable for use, SHS are not obliged to offer a replacement vehicle.
4. (a) The customer acknowledges that notwithstanding the provisions in the case of Individual Private Customer of (2a) (2b) and (2c) or in the case of Firm or Organisation of (3a) (3b) and (3c) above it has a duty to ensure that all reasonable care is taken of the Vehicle against damage or loss throughout the rental period. This includes but is not restricted to responsibility for any loss or damage to the Vehicle or it’s accessories as a result of theft occurring when the Customer or its servant or agent has left the keys in or with the Vehicle and the Customer hereby indemnifies SHS against such loss or damage.
(b) The Customer is required to bring the vehicle to SHS’s offices once a month for a mileage check and damage report. Failure to do so could result in the termination of hire.
(b) NB: All hirers are responsible for windscreen damage and puncture repairs or replacement tyres if caused by foreign object.
Loss of Use
5. Loss of use will be charged where as a result of damage being sustained to the Vehicle if it is required to be taken out of SHS’s operative fleet and repaired at an approved body shop. The charge will apply for each day that Vehicle is unavailable for rent and where a total loss the period will be limited to 14 days. Where loss of use can be recovered from a negligent third party the Customer will not be charged provided that full details of the accident are supplied to SHS together with the name and address of the negligent third party involved. If, for whatever reason SHS is unable to recover the loss from the third party the charge will apply to the Customer. Loss of use is treated as compensation and will not be subject to VAT. The daily charge will be no more than the prevailing daily rate at the commencement of the hire.
6. (a) In the case of long term rental, the Customer must give 7 days’ notice. In the event that the customer fails to notify SHS of such requirement their authority to retain the vehicle may, at SHS’s discretion terminate and, in that event, the Customer will become liable for any loss or damage incurred by SHS as a result. SHS reserves the right, in the event of such failure of notification, to use such means as it may choose to recover the vehicle.
(b) Minimum 6 weeks’ rental period applicable to Individual private customers. Should the customer return the vehicle before serving the full minimum term, they will sacrifice entitlement to a deposit return.
3. Every 28 days the Customer must notify SHS of the mileage of the Vehicle. SHS reserves the right to substitute a replacement.
(d) In the event that the Vehicle reaches the mileage at which a routine service is due the Customer undertakes to notify SHS and make the vehicle available to SHS for such servicing to be carried out or for the Vehicle to be replaced at SHS’s discretion. The service schedule of the vehicle must be strictly adhered to at all times. The Customer can also bring the car back to SHS when any routine maintenance is required and we will provide a replacement vehicle where available and have the servicing or replacement of tyres carried out for you. This cost will be met by SHS. In the event of damage found outside of normal vehicle wear and tear, this will be carried out for you, this will be charged to the Customer at the rates shown on the attached SHS Vehicle Damage Pricing Matrix. (dii) In the event that the Vehicle requires mot or relicensing, the Customer will be notified and must undertake to return vehicle back to SHS premises, where a replacement vehicle will be provided whilst work is carried out.
(diii) Failure to return the Vehicle by the Customer on agreed date and time that results in a cost as a result of appointment being missed, will be charged to the Customer at cost price.
7. (a) The Customer acknowledges that the relevant mileage is the mileage recorded from the time the vehicle leaves SHS until its return to SHS.
(b) Annual mileage allowance of 40,000 or pro-rata for shorter rental periods. Excess mileage charge is 15p + VAT per mile.
8. The vehicle must be returned to SHS with the same amount of fuel that it was hired to the Customer with. This is noted on the vehicle Damage report, and or the hire agreement. Any short fall on return will be topped up and Charged to the customer at pump prices plus a £15 charge.
Condition of the Vehicle
9. SHS requires the Vehicle to be returned in the same condition as when rented to the Customer. If special cleaning and or repair required for whatever reason SHS will make a separate charge to cover the cost of any cleaning and or repair work required. No food or drink is to be consumed in vehicle at any time and the vehicle must be kept clean and sanitary at all times.
Parking Charges Tolls and Fines
10. (a) The Customer is liable for all tolls incurred during the Rental Period, and for all penalties for offences committed under traffic regulations including but not restricted to, parking tickets, clamping fines, compound charges, bus lane fines and speeding fines incurred in respect of offences committed during the rental period
(b) If SHS is asked to provide Customer details to the relevant issuing authority (the “Authority”) relating to such offences or if penalties remain unpaid by the Customer and are sent to SHS for payment by the Authority a charge shall be made to the Customer to cover SHS’s administration costs. This shall be in addition to the amount of the penalty which shall also be payable by the Customer.
(c) In the case of a registered owner of a vehicle (eg A leasing company) paying a fine before we have had the opportunity to provide Customer details to the issuing authority, will result in the payment charge being passed on to yourself, along with our admin charge.
At the termination of the rental it is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that the vehicle is parked in a suitable place to allow collection at any time up to a period of 12 Working Hours from termination without the imposition of any parking or clamping fines or towing or compound charges. If this provision is not complied with then the Customer shall be responsible for such penalties. If SHS is asked to provide Customer details to the Authority relating to such offences or if such fines remain unpaid they shall be charged to the Customer, together with an administration charge. This shall be in addition to the amount of the penalty which shall also be payable by the Customer.
(d) For the avoidance of doubt the Customer will be liable for the administration charges detailed in the Other Charges table regardless of whether or not the Customer is actually fined for the offence.
(e) The Customer is responsible for the payment of any Civil Penalty and restoration charges and loss of income whilst the Company cannot rent out the Vehicle if the Vehicle is seized by Customs and Excise or the Immigration Authorities.
11. Where keys are lost whilst the Vehicle is on rent, a charge will be made when a replacement set are supplied.
12. The Customer acknowledges that the rental charges agreed relate to the service specified. SHS reserves the right to charge for any service required in addition to that agreed.
Changes of Rates
13 (a) The Customer acknowledges that in agreeing the scale of charges to be used for vehicle rental services SHS has relied upon information supplied by the customer from time to time. In the event that the actual rental profile or volume varies significantly from that indicated SHS reserves the right to amend the scale of charges to reflect such variation. (b) The Customer acknowledges that in agreeing the scale of charges used for vehicle rental services SHS has relied upon information available at that time in establishing vehicle costs specifically in relation to government taxes and levies. In the event that these government taxes and levies vary after the scale of charges has been agreed SHS reserves the right to immediately amend the scale of charges to reflect such variation in respect of future rentals.
(c) If no specific scale of charges has been agreed with the Customer standard tariffs shall apply and these are subject to change without notice. SHS will however endeavour to notify such changes prior to such change taking effect.
14. The Company undertakes to provide a Vehicle to the Customer which is in good working order and which functions satisfactorily throughout the rental period. If the vehicle breaks down during the rental period (but only for reasons attributable to the Company’s negligence or willful default), the Company undertakes to place the Customer in the position which he would have been in had the breach not taken place. Therefore the Company will, where the vehicle breaks down in mainland UK, arrange, as soon as reasonably practicable after being informed of the breakdown, (a) recovery and repair of the rented Vehicle so that it is rendered vehicle cannot be repaired, provision of a replacement vehicle, of an equivalent standard and size to the rented Vehicle, to the Customer for the remainder of the Rental period. Provision of this service in circumstances other than those shown above shall be at the discretion of the Company. Where the Vehicle develops a fault during the rental period owing to any reason whatsoever, the Customer undertakes to inform the Company immediately, and not to use the Vehicle while it is in an un-roadworthy condition.
Customers own Property
15.The Customer acknowledges that property placed within the Vehicle is at their own risk and that SHS has no responsibility for such property.
16. To obtain credit facilities from SHS, Limited Companies, PLC’s and registered charities must produce headed stationary with registered number, registered office address and ultimate parent where applicable. Partnerships must provide names and home addresses of partners. Sole traders must provide the home address of the owner. Government and Local Authorities must provide official letterhead. SHS reserves the right to request additional information it may require prior to opening and during the operation of the account.
Taxes 17. Government taxes and other levies will be charged as required by current legalisation.
18.(a) SHS reserves the right to delegate its obligations here under to any sub-contractor of its choosing. In the vent of such delegation SHS will ensure that these terms and conditions will apply. (b) The Customer agrees that the vehicle is only to be driven by the Customer or any additional driver stipulated by the customer. The Vehicle is not to be sub-let or loaned to any other individual or company. Any abuse of this condition will result in immediate termination of the hire, with the customer responsible for remuneration to SHS as set out in section 1. (b)
19. SHS reserves the right to terminate any rental entered into by the Customer under these Terms and Conditions in the event of any breach by the Customer of these Terms and Conditions.
20. These Terms and Conditions are to be read in conjunction with, and the Customer agrees to comply with, the Terms and Conditions of any other relevant agreements between SHS and the Customer which maybe from time to time taken out.
21. Any variation from these Terms and Conditions are only binding upon SHS if agreed in writing. Schedule of Charges Abortive Delivery and Collection £50.00 + Vat For Home Delivery and Collection- TBA and agreed with Customer For Business Delivery and collection-TBA and agreed with Customer Fuel Charged at the prevailing pump price plus £15 + Vat Lost Key Charge- Price on application Valet £50.00 + Vat Re badging PCO licence due to removal £75.00 + Vat Administration fee for Fines will be charged at £25.00 + Vat. In the event where an administration charge from manufacture/leasing company is greater than the standard SHS £25.00 + Vat administration charge, this cost will be passed onto the customer. Smoking Policy
22. SHS operate a strict non-smoking policy in all of our vehicles. All of our vehicles are purchased with non-smoking packages. If smoke is detected in a vehicle on return or cigarettes or cigarette ash is found in the vehicle, SHS reserve the right to have the car professionally valeted, including the steam cleaning of all carpets and roof lining. This will incur a cost of £150 + Vat. This cost will be deducted from the vehicle deposit. The hirer is responsible for enforcing this policy and irrespective of who smokes in the vehicle; the hirer is liable for the valeting costs. The smoke -free (Exemptions and Vehicles) Regulation 2007 came into force on 1 July 2007.
All vehicles covered by the ban should display no-smoking signs (the no-smoking symbol at least 70mm in diameter) in each compartment of the vehicle in which people can sit (penalty for non-compliance is a fixed penalty notice of £200 or a maximum fine of £1,000 if convicted by a court).
23. Upon return of vehicle to SHS, a full vehicle inspection will be carried out. In the event of a vehicle being returned dirty, the vehicle will be cleaned at the earliest opportunity and Inspected for damage. Vehicle security deposit will be endeavoured to be returned via bacs payment to your bank 14 working Days from return of the vehicle. NB: In the event of an outstanding RTA/damage claim on going with insurance companies, deposit may be held longer until such claim is settled. SHS will at all times to keep you updated on any outstanding deposit returns past 14 working days.
SHS Charges Labour rate per hour £ 50.00 Wheel nut removal Labour rate applicable Paint a panel £ 300.00 Paint a panel with repair £ 330.00 Paint side (van) with repair £ 300 – 450 Paint roof panel with re pair (Van) £ 300 – 500 Local paint repair £ 100.00 Full machine polish £ 65.00 Machine Polish (per panel) £ 17.50 Flat & P olish £ 17.50 Touch in flat & polish (smart repair) £ 17.50 Trim repair £ 35.00 Leather repair £ 60.00 Windscreen Replacement As applicable Alloy refurb £ 65.00 Polished alloy refurb £ 85.00 Wheel trim replacement £ 35.00 Steel wheel replacement £ 50.00 Bumper corner £ 100.00 Bumper refinish £ 200.00 SHS Price Matrix – standard charges Literature Packs £ 50.00 First Ai d Kits £ 50.00 Alloy Wheel Keys £ 50.00 Cigarette Lighters £ 30.00 Warning Triangles £ 30.00 Keys £ 250.00 Load luggage covers £ 175.00 Tyre Compressors £ 150.00 Sat Nav Discs £ 200.00 Incorrect Service History £ 500.00
All prices are subject to VAT
Signed (Customer) …………………………………………………………………………………
Name (Customer) …………………………………………………………………………………
Signed (Company) …………………………………………………………………………………
Name (Company) …………………………………………………………………………………